We have many resources on legal topics available through Evergreen and OverDrive / Libby, and we are always happy to help you find resources on our shelves (Note: Until we reopen, only resources we have on hand are available for curbside pickup.). We have assembled this guide to online resources to supplement the materials we have in our system. If you would like to share a review of any of these resources or suggest some to add to this list, please contact us.
All of the resources provided in this list are free unless otherwise noted. These resources are owned and operated by entities outside of our control, so please use discretion and remain cautious when entering personal information into any website or downloading any files or programs.
- Indiana Judicial Branch: Official website for the judicial branch of the state of Indiana. Includes information on cases, rules, issues, and online services.
- Scott County Indiana Courthouse: The Indiana Judicial Branch’s webpage for the Scott County courthouse.
- Indiana Self-Help Legal Service: Official website for the judicial branch of the state of Indiana. Includes information and links to get legal help and more.
- Indiana Coalition for Court Access: Learn how to find legal help and how to represent yourself. Free self-help court forms are also provided.
- Indiana State Bar Association Directory: Find lawyers in the state of Indiana.
- Indiana Free Legal Answers: Free legal answers to qualified applicants provided by the Indiana Bar Foundation and American Bar Association.
- Dictionary.Law.com: A free online legal dictionary.
PLEASE NOTE: THE SCOTT COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY IS UNABLE TO PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE OR ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT FORMS OF ANY KIND. OUR STAFF CANNOT HELP YOU CHOOSE A COURT FORM OR INTERPRET LEGAL MATERIALS. IF YOU NEED LEGAL ADVICE, ASSISTANCE COMPLETING FORMS, OR ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE, PLEASE CONSULT A LICENSED ATTORNEY.